Stories without Borders works independently and in strategic partnership with organizations to tell underreported stories and empower new storytellers.
Stories Without Borders exists to produce content that connects people across borders: cultural, geographic, political, socioeconomic or otherwise.
We work closely with organizations to strategically produce, place, and distribute high-quality visual stories so that they are seen and felt by stakeholders in order to further define missions and create important and measurable outcomes that deepen understanding and create new possibilities for communication within and between communities.
We empower and train new, non-traditionally trained storytellers to share their stories responsibly and with integrity, in order to bring new experiences and voices to light.
Storyteller Code of Ethics
1. Every story is a point of view. We work to represent all points of view honestly and accurately.
2. We endeavor to represent the storyteller’s point of view without manipulation of any kind.
3. We acknowledge the inherent power imbalance in storytelling. We strive to communicate clearly with all storytellers about our goals within the projects and the points of view of our organization. Storytellers decide if and how much they would like to contribute.
4. We are committed to do no harm to the subject or the story itself. We strive to add value.
5. We practice empathy as storytellers. People are valued as people and not as objects to be used as tools or tokens.
6. We are committed to stories of diverse representation including race, age, class, gender, sex, sexuality, ethnicity, religious beliefs, and experience.